Intego's Apple Resource Center
Your One-Stop Shop for Apple Resources
Welcome to Intego's Apple Resource Center, your one-stop shop for guides, resources, and helpful information about Apple products. Whether you want to learn about basic Mac keyboard shortcuts or wish to familiarize yourself with the history of Mac-targeted malware, you'll find a wealth of information catering specifically to the Apple demographic.
Learn more about the threats that can target your Mac.
- 5 Mac Malware Myths and Misconceptions
- 10 Years of Mac Malware: How OS X Threats Have Evolved [Infographic]
- How is Malware Researched? — Part 1
- How is Malware Researched – Part 2
- How does Malware Naming Work?
- What Does “In the Wild” Mean When Talking About Malware?
- Why “Common Sense” and Ad Blockers Aren't Enough to Prevent Malware Infections
- Operating Systems are Meaningless to Malware Developers
- How Flashback Malware Infects Macs – Infographic
- Beyond Malware – Detecting Hack Tools
About Malware Protection
- That Anti-Virus Test You Read Might Not Be Accurate, and Here's Why
- Why “Anti-Virus” is a Terribly Outdated Idea
- Don't Believe in Antivirus? Malware is Only One Tool in a Cybercriminals Arsenal
- What Does Your Antivirus Scanner Do Under the Hood?
- What's the Difference Between a Hardware and Software Firewall?
- What's the Difference Between Incoming and Outgoing Firewall Protection?
- Why You Need an Outbound Firewall
Mac Security Resources
Tips on keeping Mac and your digital world secure.
- The State of Mac Security in 2016
- 15 Mac-Hardening Security Tips to Protect Your Privacy
- A Layman's Guide to Ransomware Protection
- OS X Yosemite: Security and Privacy Features Overview
- OS X El Capitan: Security and Privacy Features Overview
- macOS Sierra: Security and Privacy Features Overview
- The Evolution of Mac OS X Security and Privacy Features
- Timeline of Key Features Added to Every Mac OS X Release to Date
- OS X Security: Under the Hood Features That Protect Your Mac
- How to Tell if Your Computer is Secure (in 5 Questions or Less)
- What is Encryption and Why is it Helpful?
- How to Use Apple's Built-in Features to Encrypt Files and Folders
- How to Keep Your Mac or iPhone Secure When Traveling Overseas
- How to Keep Your Mac Safe at Universities and Public Networks
- Your Mac's Camera Can Be Hacked
Online Security Education
- How to Tell if Adobe Flash Player Update is Valid
- You'll Shudder When You See What Google Knows About Your Web Searches
- How to Manage Gmail and Google Security and Privacy Settings
- Two-Factor Authentication: How It Works and Why You Should Use It
- The 6 Most Common Social Hacking Exploit Techniques
- Why Trust a Password Manager? Because It's Better Than Having Poor Password Hygiene
- How to Use Your Web Browser's Fraudulent Site Protection Feature
- This Home VPN Router Setup Protects Your Traffic Wherever You Are
- How to Recognize Cybercrime and Protect Yourself Online
- Safe Surfing Tips for OS X and iOS
- Are You Keeping Your Tax Information Safe? – Infographic
- How Much Is Your Privacy Worth? [Infographic]
- How to Create a Culture of Cybersecurity at Work [Infographic]
- What to Do if Your Email Account Gets Hijacked and Sends Out Spam
- What To Do if Your Social Media Account Gets Hacked
- What to Do if Your iPhone Gets Stolen
- How to Clean Up and Secure Your Hacked WordPress Site
- 8 Things to Do Right Now if You've Been Hacked
- How to Decrypt Dropbox Files Encrypted by Ransomware
Backing Up Your Data
- Intego Personal Backup Compared with Apple's Time Machine
- Should You Back Up Your iOS Device to iCloud or iTunes?
- How to Back Up Your iTunes Library and Other Media Files
- How to Back Up Your iTunes Media
- Time Machine Basics: How To Keep Your Data Backed Up
- How to Protect Your iTunes Library: Back It Up
Learn More About Mac
Everything you need to know about your Mac to get the most out of its awesomeness.
- Setting Up a New Mac: Should You Migrate or Do a Clean Installation?
- How to Securely Set Up Your New Mac
- How to Switch from Using Windows to Using a Mac: What's Different and What to Know
- Mac Keyboard Shortcuts You Should Know
- How to Navigate the OS X Finder from the Keyboard
- How to Use Automator for System Tweaks
- Learning to Love Spotlight
- How to Switch Search Engines on Mac OS X and iOS (And Why You Should)
- iCloud Drive: How to Sync Data Between Mac and iOS
- How to Use macOS Sierra's New iCloud Drive Features
- How to Securely Empty Trash in OS X El Capitan
- How to Manage Disks and Volumes with OS X's Disk Utility
- How to Encrypt Disk Images with Disk Utility to Protect Sensitive Files
- Prevent Your Mac from Connecting to the Wrong Wi-Fi Network
- Bring an Old Mac to Life with OS X Server
- The Complete Guide to Using the iTunes Store
- How to View Your Content in iTunes 12
Mac Problems and Solutions
- What to Do if Your Mac Can't Run OS X Yosemite
- Kernel Panics are No Reason to Panic: What to Do When Your Mac Experiences One
- Spotlight Suggestions in OS X Yosemite and iOS: Are You Staying Private?
- How to Fix iTunes 12's Biggest Annoyances
- Removing Duplicate Files on Mac OS X: The Complete Guide
- How to Uncover and Delete Hidden Files Cluttering Your Mac
All About iDevices
Tips and tricks for your iGadgets.
- iOS 10 Security and Privacy Features Explained
- The Evolution of iOS Security and Privacy Features
- Which iPad Is Best for You?
- Want to Buy a Secondhand iPhone? Here's How to Check if it was Stolen
- How to enable the “Kill Switch” on your iPhone or iPad, right now!
- Why You Should Set up Medical ID on Your iPhone
- Don't Jailbreak Your iPhone if You Want to Stop Government Spyware
- Your iPhone Is Tracking Every Location You Visit
- How Turning Off Geotagging On Your iPhone Could Save a Rhino's Life
- Seven iOS Web Browsers Compared
- 8 Clever Ways to Reuse Your Old iPhone or iPod Touch
Products & Tools
Handy tools that make your digital life a little easier.
- How to Organize Your Desktop, Dock and Smart Folders with Mac Washing Machine (Part 1)
- How to Find and Remove Duplicate Files with Mac Washing Machine (Part 2)
- How to Reclaim OS X Disk Space with Mac Washing Machine (Part 3)
- Introducing Duplicate Zapper!
- 10 Cool Safari Extensions for Warp Speed Productivity
- 5 Must-Have Mac Utilities to Boost Your Productivity
- How to Improve Your Overall Mac Experience
- 5 Tips to Help You Become a Dropbox Power User
- How to Rip DVDs and Add Them to Your iTunes Library
- Cloud Storage Comparison: iCloud Drive vs. Dropbox vs. Google Drive vs. OneDrive
Resources for Parents
All about age-appropriate guidelines for your family, and how to protect your child's digital world using parental controls.
- Infographic – Teen Internet Use and Parental Controls
- How Kids' Screen Time Interferes with Daily Activities [Infographic]
- A Parents' Guide to In-App Purchases
- Control What Information Apps Can Access on Your Kid's iPhone or iPad
- Family Sharing on iOS 8: How and Why Parents Should Use It
- How to Set up and Manage iTunes Allowances for Your Kids
Mac Parental Controls
iOS Parental Controls
- Meet Family Protector: Intego's New iOS Mobile Device Parental Controls
- Getting Started with Family Protector:
- Introducing Rook, Intego's Kid Safe Browser
- Block In-App Purchases on iPhone and iPad with Family Protector
- Restrict iOS Mobile Device Use with Family Protector's Time Out Action
- Get Your Kids to Call Back with Family Protector's Call Me Action
- Enjoy Device-Free Dinnertime with Family Protector's Meal Time Action
- How to Reduce iAnxiety When Your Children Use iOS Devices